New 2012 VA Disability Compensation Rates
The 2012 VA compensation rates for veterans with a disability rate 10 percent or higher – a 3.6% increase over the 2009-2011 rates.
In addition veterans entitled to compensation whose disability is rated as 30 percent or more, shall be entitled to additional compensation for dependents as follows (monthly amounts):
VA Travel Reimbursement
Reimbursement for mileage or public transportation may be paid to the following:
- Veterans with service-connected disabilities rated at 30% or more;
- Veterans traveling for treatment of a service-connected condition;
- Veterans receiving a VA pension;
- Veterans traveling for scheduled compensation or pension examinations;
- Veterans whose income does not exceed the maximum VA pension rate;
- Mileage Reimbursement is at the rate of 41.5 cents per mile. These milieage subject to a deductible of $3 for a one way trip, $6 for a round trip, with a maximum of $18 per or the amount after six one-way trips (whichever occurs first) per calendar month. However, these deductibles can be waived if they cause a financial hardship to the veteran.
- The deductible is also waived for veterans traveling for scheduled compensation or pension examinations.